Hoover Alt MD has several policies of which our patients should take note:
1) Payment is due and expected at time of services. All insurance copays or cash-pays will be collected before your visit with the doctor. We accept many popular insurance plans, including Blue Cross, Medicare, and more. We also accept patients willing and able to pay out of pocket. One notable exception is that we do not accept Medicaid. These patients are treated as a cash-pay.
2) We have reserved your appointment time especially for you. Please understand, there will be charge of $50 for a missed appointment, if the office has not been given a 24-hr cancellation call, allowing us to schedule another patient in your time slot. This is for any visit up to 1-hour. If a patient no-shows a visit scheduled for greater than one hour (ie: medical visit, and massage visit), they will be charged two no-show fees.
3) Routine visits to the office, and follow-ups of problems, are essential to good patient care. Please note that phone consults and medication refills will carry a $25 charge, if the patient is past-due for their follow-up visit or routine checkup. These appointments are given for examination and recheck, and not just for the purpose of refilling your medications.
4) Due to the Alternative Nature of many of our services, you will likely have additional fees associated with your bill. Although we do accept insurance plans, many do not cover all of our services. All patients will be required to sign an acknowledgement of their responsibility for any charges not covered by their plans. We at Hoover Alt MD always do our best to help you minimize your out-of-pocket costs. These extra charges may be paid at the time of service, or billed/paid before your next service. We do ask for prompt payment of your charges, so that we may keep up our level of care.
5) All appointments are made by calling in to the practice. Same-day appointments are possible for sick visit, but please do not "walk-in" without notice. This will allow better scheduling so that your wait-time is minimized, and all patients are cared for with less interruption. After-hours appointments are also available, for an extra $65 charge.
6) Supplements and Vitamins purchased at the time of your visit are not billable, and are due in full at point of sale. We appreciate your support of our practice by buying your supplements with us rather than other popular pharmacies/nutrition stores in the area. Our prices are fair and competitive, and we carry only physician-grade products, with higher quality than other lines.
7) We accept any patients wishing to come to our practice, without discrimination based on race, religion, age, or ethnicity. All peoples are welcome at Hoover Alt MD.
8) This practice does, however, reserve the right to refuse care to any individual, based on disrespectful behavior, excessive noncompliance, or failure to remit payment.